Simulated game shooting is a very popular sport. It is challenging and thrilling for both competent shots and the less experienced.
Our days at Wood Farm near Cambridge are entertaining and friendly and have been extremely successful with the complete range of our guests. And the set-up can travel to you, wherever you are located throughout the UK.
It is a great opportunity to mix business with pleasure with a corporate occasion or enjoy a relaxing day out in the countryside with friends for a social event. Our days are totally adapted to client’s requests.
Simulated game, and driven flurries can be set up for both experienced and novice shooters. Instructors will be allocated to all novice shooters for this discipline.
Individually tailored packages are available on request.
Full Day Shoot
A typical simulated day’s game shooting starts with coffee and a bacon roll on arrival, then pegs are drawn over a shot of sloe gin, your peg number changes on each drive so you will experience several positions in the line throughout the day.
After two to three drives a two course lunch is then served back at the farm. After two more drives in the afternoon, the days shooting is discussed over tea and biscuits.
Alternatively we can arrange for lunch at a local Inn, Hog Roast and all of the trimmings or for a simple BBQ al fresco.
Half Day or Evening Shoot
Several clients choose to book a half day or evening shoot rather than a full day. Typically we will provide tea and coffee throughout, and many enjoy finishing off with a BBQ or meal at a local public house.
50 Bird Sporting
Wood Farm clay ground can be used for charity and sporting events. Click here to find out more.
Open all year to the public every Tuesday evening from 4pm until dusk Pricing is variable depending on the package required.
For more information, please contact Trevor Scott on 07970 549008 or email@example.com
The location of the home shoot is:
Wood Farm, London Road, Chatteris. Cambs PE16 6SQ
Bringing the shooting to you
Our units are fully mobile and can easily be moved to suitable locations to match your requirements
How Will I know My Guests Will Be Safe?
- Safety is our primary objective.
- Careless behaviour with shotguns can be extremely dangerous!
- We teach our guests that guns should be respected at all times.
- Before the day commences we run through our health and safety routine.
- Novice guns will be thoroughly but respectfully instructed both before shooting commences and during the day.
- Anyone recklessly flouting our rules will be asked to stand down from shooting activities.
- We provide a full range of ear defenders, hats and safety glasses.
What are the Legal Requirements?
- In order for non-shotgun certificate holders to take part in the sport, Sentry applies to the local Firearms Department for what is known as an ‘Authority under Section 11(6) Firearms Act 1968’. This certificate will be issued to us after we have accompanied the local Firearms Officer on a ground inspection.
- We ask that when taking clients bookings, you include a declaration that no person taking part in the activity of clay pigeon shooting has been prohibited from handling a firearm. Any licensed shotgun holder may bring their own gun.
- In respect of older guns we will allow own cartridges to be used, although only after prior inspection and approval on the day.
What Level of Insurance Cover Do We Have?
- Sentry has our own £10m public liability insurance policy, of which a copy will be given on request, once the booking has been received.
What Do I Need to Shoot At Wood Farm?
- At Wood Farm you do not have to be a shotgun certificate holder to shoot – we hold a police permission to allow us to teach novice shooters. However we cannot allow anyone to shoot who is prohibited by law from holding a firearm, and we would ask that the organiser makes this clear to all persons attending.
- Visitors will be prevented from shooting if under the influence of drink or drugs.
A few comments from our clients on our shoot days….
This was our first joint corporate hospitality. The organisation and the way we were made to feel on the day was superb. Our customers are still talking about it a year on and asking when they can go again. Need I say more.
Tim Robertson, Claas Finance
Many thanks to the Sentry team for hosting a truly enjoyable evening’s shooting. Appealing to both experienced and novice guns, simulated shooting provides ample challenge with a competive edge, rounded off with some superb hospitality and the chance to chat through the few that got away!
Lloyds TSB Bank plc, Bury St Edmunds
What an excellent day the Sentry simulated game team put on for us and our guests at the Denham estate nr Bury St Edmunds, the whole day was perfectly executed, from the layout of the drives, to the transport and catering, no one could have wished for anything better, it was great to see such attention to detail. Shoot4 x200
Many thanks Paul Moss, Manns
Following our day with you, I would just like to let you know that the whole German team really enjoyed the shooting event. Thanks very much. If we ever need to do something similar I will certainly be calling on you again.
Leah Vaughan, Ambu