We currently have the following vacancies:-
ASSISTANT FARM MANAGER – NORTH NORFOLK
The Assistant Farm Manager will be an important part of this large scale arable and root crop business. This exciting new position has arisen due to the significant growth in the farmed area to over 6000 acres.
Sentry North Norfolk has an experienced and highly skilled farm team who are able to work with limited supervision once a pre-set plan is in place. The role of the Assistant Manager will be to compliment the team and the Farm Manager, ensuring that the current high farming standards and attention to detail are maintained and replicated over the increasing farmed area.
Upon the retirement of the Farm Foreman day to day staff management will be an important aspect of the Assistant Farm Manager’s role. However, the remit of the new position will be much wider, encompassing new responsibilities arising from the growth of the business, new legislation and the increasing complexity of arable systems and technologies.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career within a large and respected business. There will be the opportunity to develop personal, management and technical skills with the full support and guidance of the Farm Manager.
The duties of the Assistant Manager will include (but are not limited to):
- Operational planning with the farm manager with day to day supervision of farm staff upon the retirement of the existing Farm Foreman.
- Assisting with the smooth running and efficiency of all arable operations by operating key machines as required.
- Management of the potato grading operation and management of the associated staff and resources.
- Work closely with the farm agronomist ensuring that the planning, completion and recording of all spraying operations is performed satisfactorily.
- Out-loading of grain and liaising with grain merchants and hauliers.
- Assisting with application, planning and organisation of irrigation.
- Grainstore management, including the drying and monitoring of grain, record keeping and all aspects of compliance.
- Working with the Farm Manager and key operators to adopt new precision farming systems. This will be a key role to take the business forward.
- Assisting with pest control including pigeons and geese.
- Administration of the farm’s health and safety policy.
- Providing holiday cover for the Farm Manager.
- Housing will be supplied or alternatively a housing allowance will be provided. A vehicle, computer and smart phone will be provided for business use.
To apply for this position please email your CV to Helen Kenvin at email@example.com
Closing Date: 31 May 2018
STUDENT HARVEST – VARIOUS LOCATIONS
These vacancies will commence approx. June/July through to September/October in the following regions:-
- South Norfolk
To apply for any of the positions above please email your CV to Helen Kenvin at firstname.lastname@example.org and state your job/region of preference.
For an informal chat please telephone Helen on 01473 812026.